The teaching from Sunday can be a great launchpad for us to engage in our discipleship with Jesus. Remember that our faith was meant to be lived out in community and take these questions to one of our Home Churches, talk them out with your family at home, or find a couple of close friends and work through them.
- Describe a time when other people really helped you celebrate something meaningful.
- God is always inviting us to change. Share one time God invited you to change something that seemed difficult but afterwards you don’t know how you lived differently?
- Can you think of a time the good news, really made sense to you in a new or different way? Have you gotten new insight or perspective on the good news more than one time?
- Can you think of a time you were inspired to grow because of what you heard happening in the church somewhere else?
Parent/Caregiver tip: Have a conversation as a family about how God doesn’t just want a relationship with us but with every family, every person! Then spend some time praying for one family that you know and for the churches in a nearby town.
GOD’S STORY Read & answer the questions together - Colossians 1:3-6,
- Can you think of anyone who you would pray for in the way of this passage?
- What would it be like to know someone was praying for you that way?
- Is God inviting us to share our “hope” in a new way this week?
GROWING TOGETHER- (In groups of 3-4)
- Is there one way we can support you by checking in or following up in the coming week as you seek to become more like Jesus or just in general?
CONNECTING PRAYER In your small huddles answer the following questions and pray for each person after they share ending the prayer with the included blessing.
What is one thing you are: grateful for, anxious about?
As you _______ go out into the world may you freely find peace in God’s forgiveness, may you find healing from the pain of sin, and may you find that forgiveness for others is easier as God helps you to forgive as freely as He has forgiven you. AMEN